Defiant Packs and Niner Bikes Team Up on New Frame Bag with Unique Attachment
Frame bags are nothing new, but they often attach with straps around the frame. During rides, no matter how secure the bags are, these bags move. Even securely attached, the bags and straps often slide, even just a little bit. As they slide, they rub on the frame. They also collect dust under them creating additional wear on the frame. So, when we redesigned the SIR 9
we took this into account and created numerous mounting points where a frame bag could be attached without the need for straps, thus eliminating unwanted frame wear. In fact, for the SIR's main triangle, there are nine unique attachment points. With this new abundance of mounting points, we rant into one problem? No one made a bag that fit our SIR 9 that had these unique mounting points and a stiff enough frame that would hold it. Enter Defiant Pack
, a custom frame bag manufacturer located in our very own state of Colorado. Defiant looked at our request and took on the challenge. After a round or two of prototypes, we settled on a design that worked well. The production model is the one you see here in the picture. The prototype is the one you see attached to the SIR 9 while it was out being tested on an overnight trip. We're pretty stoked at how this project turned out. The clean lines and the solid attachment points make for a great bag. We even have one guy around the office who has adapted his frame bag into a fishing bag complete with a collapsible rod that fits inside. He heads down to the river during lunch hours and spends a little time dipping a hook in the water. FRAME BAG HIGHLIGHTS
- Clean, strapless mounting via an internal rigid structure and 9 mounting points.
- Made to fit each size of the SIR 9.
- Taped seams keep zippers operating smoothly while offering additonal barrier from the elements.
- When closed, the zippers tuck inside a stash pocket to keep them clean and rattle free.
- Hard side inserts and internal middle restraint prevent unwanted bulging and help maintain a slim loaded bag profile.
- Additional side pouch for keeping smaller items easily accessible when the main cargo area is packed full.
- Forward hydration hose exit port makes storing and drinking from a water bladder easy.
We're pretty stoked at how this project turned out. The clean lines and the solid attachment points make for a great frame bag. We even have one guy around the office who has adapted his into a fishing bag complete with a collapsible rod that fits inside. He heads down to the river during lunch hours and spends a little time dipping a hook in the water. Watch a quick behind the scenes video from Defiant Pack headquarters in Carbondale, Colorado. https://youtu.be/NXc921Dutp8 CLICK TO ORDER YOURS TODAY.
ADDITIONAL IMAGES SHOWING MOUNTING POINTS AND INTERNAL FRAME